Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pushy Salespeople

I took my precious Mom to the local mall today.  While she used her gift coupon in a store, I wandered out into the mall to do some window shopping.  There were only a few shoppers, and the lunch crowd was headed back to their jobs, so all was peaceful.  That is, until I was accosted by some roving salespeople from the kiosks.  One thrust out small plastic envelopes for me to take home, fill with my unwanted gold, and return to their store for payment.  Another put a sample packet of "natural" lotion in my hand to lure me over to his booth, another tried to get my attention by calling out to me and telling me I was beautiful, but that tactic was not successful. 
Here's the thing: I practice being polite because I was raised that way and because it is the Christian way to be, but this aggressive sales behavior can be taxing.  Oh well, I guess these people are just trying to make a living.  Maybe the next time I'm confronted with aggressive sales tactics, I'll give advice about how to successfully approach a potential customer.  And I won't even charge a fee!
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment