Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Closet Purge

I have begun a Closet Purge, because like most of us, I have too many clothes. It would not be so bad if they were clothes that I wear on a regular basis. I have clothes that I have not worn in over two or three years or more.
I heard a recent news report that due to our current national economy, there is a greater need than ever for food and clothing donations this holiday season. I have made and will continue to make food donations, but until last weekend, I had not made clothing donations in months.
When I went to my closet, I found several perfectly good pieces that someone else could use. There were two tops I bought because I like the colors, but the fabric is not comfortable on my skin. There were tops that no longer fit because I got them when I was bigger. I don't plan to get bigger again, so why do I need to keep them? There were a couple of outfits I held onto because I have sentimental attachments to them, but I will probably never wear them again. I am almost ashamed to admit that I found a beautiful blouse that still had the price tags on it; I have never worn it.
I bagged these items and took them to the Donation Center today. This is only part one of my mission, though. I plan to go through my closet two or three more times before this year is over. I pray someone may benefit from this.
Actually, I got a benefit also. My closet is more spacious, and I found a pair of shoes I thought I had lost!
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment