Monday, November 15, 2010

If It Does Not Fit, Why Wear It?

EVERY OUTFIT IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY.
This is what someone once told me. I was young, in my early twenties, so I thought she was just jealous because she was too old to wear the trendy clothes of that era. Now, I am at the age she was then, and I better understand what she meant. I get it about my wardrobe. Some styles look great on my body type. Other styles, not so much. Some styles and cut of fabric make me look ridiculous, even if they are my correct size and I can get into them. They are just not for me. I am grateful that I have learned what type of styles work for me. It helps that I am blessed to have a brother who is a remarkable designer! I am a casual dresser most of the time, but when I do dress up, I like to work the outfit and not have the outfit work me.
It is the same with behaviors. Some behaviors do not fit who I am as a Christian. When I try them on, they do not give me an attractive appearance. Therefore, I prayerfully avoid those behaviors. I am grateful for that also.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment