Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My iPod Shuffle Experience

Recently, I had the unique experience of having my teenager instruct me on how to purchase and use an iPOD shuffle. Oh joy!
First of all, the seventeen year old knows that she is my "Go To" person when it comes to technology. She was born into the tech age, I am a Baby Boomer. It makes her feel so proud when she gives me instruction. Usually, it is the other way around, and I am pulling an essay out of her. Cool role reversal for her! Mostly I listen attentively, but I do tend to frustrate her when I ask a lot of questions about why something needs to be done in a certain manner. My retired elementary school teacher logic defies her instinct about gadgets. Sometimes, she just says, "I do not know why it works like this, but please just do it this way. Okay? Please?"
She made sure I got the simplest version of this device; it is not much bigger than a postage stamp. Then, she dragged me through the iTunes process. She tried so hard to be repectful and patient when I kept messing up the process where you drag your chosen song to your iPod. She succeeded at patience and respect. We both did a lot of laughing. I finally got it.
After all was said and done, it was a cool experience.
Wait until I tell her that while she was away, I found a song and loaded it on my iPod all by myself!
Make your teenager proud!
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment