Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some Days Flow More Easily Than Others

Some days flow more easily than others.
My plan after my morning devotional was to go to the gym and complete the workout I had to cancel yesterday. First, I could not find my workout bra, so I had to wear a regular one. I wonder if that breaks some kind of exercise rule?
Next, my favorite workout pants were in the laundry hamper, so I had to wear the ones that make me look less slim.
I dropped my pierced earring under the armoire; I had to get down on the floor and fish it out.
I dropped the garage remote and the activate button popped off.
While driving to my destination, I got sandwiched in between a car and a truck whose drivers were cursing each other out in English and in another language.
The clothing donation bin near my gym was almost full, so I had to really push my donated shoes in without pinching my fingers.
However, I saw the beauty of God's colors in the turning leaves! By grace, I had the ability to experience this morning and afternoon without getting upset about the little things.
After I completed my workout and a church project task, I treated myself to a macadamia nut cookie from BJ's. It was delicious, and I don't feel guilty about eating that cookie.
Wishing you a day that flows smoothly,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment