Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthdays

This past weekend, I was blessed to celebrate a milestone birthday. My best treat was the company of my husband, teenager, my mom, most of my siblings, some extended family, and my Christian friends.  No, I did not have a birthday party, and I did not want one.  These precious people were all in my sphere this weekend.  Some were with me  at a church meeting. Some were with me during Sunday worship services. One surprise was walking up to  a first cousin while she was talking on her cell phone to her sister who shares the birthdate with me.  We are ten years apart, but were born on the same date.  Nice...
Birthdays are a reminder of how long we have been on this earth.  Among other things, they are an official occasion to consider what a difference our presence here has been to others.  Hopefully, our presence here has been positive.
Keep the faith,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment