Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Dressing Ourselves

Do you dress to please yourself,  or do you dress to please others?
Someone asked me that once.  My response has changed as I've grown older.  In my teen phase, my style was influenced by my peers and by my parents.  I was raised by parents who did not let me wear just anything I pleased.  I came to be grateful for that later on in life.
How many of us can find at least one photo of ourselves from back in the day and wonder what we were thinking when we posed for it?  The hair, the makeup, the clothing-they indicate that you used to be a different person in presentation than you are today. 
At this stage of  life, I pretty much dress to please myself.  It is okay if people like my style and it's okay if people don't.  I think as we grow older, we dress to express who we are or how we want to be perceived.  No matter how we style and present ourselves, it is our character that counts more.
Peace,
Sylvia 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment