Friday, May 27, 2011

Thanks, Young Cousin!

In one way or another, you always learn something from being in the company of children.
I was blessed to spend time with a cousin of mine recently.  She lives in Baltimore.  She is eight or nine years old and was patient enough to show me how to use a what I think is called a Wii game.  She and I did two videos together, and of course her scores were much higher than mine, but she was a gracious winner.  She showed me how to hold the controller, where to stand, and reminded me to focus on my hand with the device in it more than moving my feet.  I had fun and got a good cardio workout.  I also learned the correct words to the song, Smooth Criminal, by Michael Jackson, because they appeared on the screen.  I thought the lyrics were, "Annie, are you walking?  Are you walking, Annie?"  I found out they were, "Annie are you okay?  Are you okay, Annie?"
All these years I have been singing the wrong words.  Thanks to my young cousin, I now know the correct words, and a few new moves!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment