Monday, May 9, 2011

My Husband's Soup

My husband is a good cook, but is usually too busy to create in the kitchen.  However, lately he has been experimenting with French Onion soup.  I am the chief taster, and I enjoy my job.
As far as I am concerned, he has perfected the broth and caramelized onions.  He prefers a hunk or two of  French bread, but I prefer croutons, so he makes mine that way.  He is testing for the best melting cheese to melt over the top of the soup bowl.  I really like to peel and eat the melted cheese  from the sides of the bowl.  Yum! So far, we have eaten the delicious onion broth covered with mozzarella, provolone, and American cheese.  He did not like the American cheese version, too much dairy taste for him.  I enjoyed it because I like cheese that much. Next, he is going to cover the onion broth with Gruyere cheese. 
Like I said, I enjoy my job as chief taster.

TTYL,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment