Friday, July 15, 2011

Benefits

 I opened what I thought was my only monthly medical  insurance coverage bill, for dental insurance. Thankfully, my benefits package covers Medical and Prescription.  Imagine my surprise when a bill I expected to be under $50.00 was just shy of $971.00!  Whoa!  Then, I remembered that my former employer switched billing services to another company, so I knew something had gone wrong.  This bill could not possibly be accurate.  Still, I read it carefully and felt compassion for those who have no little or no health insurance benefits.  These costs are enormous!  My incorrect bill had Medical listed at just under $680.00 and Prescription at just under $247.00.  These are monthly amounts.  Until I saw the amounts broken down, I did not fully realize how much money some people have to pay for medical coverage.  No wonder I have heard about some  who are unable to afford their medications and some who must choose to purchase food instead of their medications.
This does not seem right to me.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment