Thursday, July 7, 2011

Complaining

I caught myself today.  While preparing my daily task list, I remembered a writing project I  had reluctantly agreed to do.  The person who asked me sent me a reminder about it on Monday, and I emailed back that I  would have a draft by tomorrow.  When I remembered my email, I started fussing out loud to myself. 
"I knew I should not have said I would do this!"
"The more you do for people, the more they ask you to do!"
"I really do not have time for this!"
Then, a better thought popped in my head, "Do everything without complaining or arguing."  Philippians 2:14 presents a principle  I should follow.  I immediately stopped fussing and took my responsibility for the situation.  No one made me agree to this writing task, I could have declined. 
I am now finished with the writing task and I have emailed it to the person.  I feel humbled and I feel better.  Lesson learned.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment