Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Product Reviews

Do you read reviews about movies, products, or services?  If you do read reviews, how much  impact do they  have on your decision to purchase?  Are you someone who likes to find out things for yourself?  It seems there is a growing  product review industry, according to a recent report.  I guess that is fine if you want to know what others think of a purchase:  a type of car, an accessory, an article of clothing, a cleaning or other service, some merchandise.  However, a problem could arise if the reviews are slanted by reviewers who are paid to give a negative review or an inflated positive review.  I am not saying that this happens, but what if it sometimes does?  I  may read some product reviews, but they are not the only resource I use before I make a purchase.  It really pays to be a wise consumer, especially these days.  To quote our elders, "Money does not grow on trees!"
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment