Monday, July 18, 2011

Start Your Engines

Sometimes, I find that the latest technology is really cool.   At other times, I cannot figure it out.  There are also days when I have to decide if some technology is good or just unnecessary. 
As I was loading groceries into my car trunk this afternoon, I heard the engine of the truck next to my car start.  This surprised me, because I had looked around before I opened my car trunk and had seen no one near me. I looked at the truck, expecting to see the driver in the front seat, but there was no one in the truck.  Yet, I heard the truck's engine and the air conditioner.  The wacky part of my mind flashed on a Stephen King novel, where the car, I think it was named Christine, came to life and wreaked havoc in a town.  I quickly checked myself and remembered that some new vehicles have a feature that allows one to start the ignition with a remote feature/app.  One does not have to be in the vehicle to start it and turn features on inside the vehicle.  I guess this technology is good if one wants to cool off the vehicle before entering it on a hot day.  I am trying to think of other ways this particular feature would be useful to me.  So far, I have not come up with any others, but I think this heat wave is slowing down my thinking process.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment