Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Brushes

Ladies, here is something I read about:  bacteria can grow on the brushes that we use, so the brushes need to be cleaned.  I am talking about the brushes that we use to apply face powder, bronzer, foundation, eye shadow, and blush.  When I think about it, it makes sense, especially if you wear makeup every day.  I do not, but I know many women who do. One source reports that if you often get skin irritations or acne on your face in the area where you regularly use these brushes, it might be because of your brushes.  I used to throw my brushes away after awhile and buy new brushes, but I discovered that you can wash them.  This is good, because it can be expensive to  keep buying new good-quality brushes.  One source indicated that you can use the dishwasher to clean your brushes, but I do not use a dishwasher.   The old-fashioned way works for me.
So, look at your brushes.  Sniff them.  If they smell salty, you might want to clean them!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment