Friday, July 1, 2011

Grown Folks

Some life lessons are truly worth learning.  One of them is :  Grown folks are going to do what grown folks are going to do.  You can give an adult  sage advice about a decision he or she will make, but the final decision will be made by the adult.  I guess that is why parents, parent figures, and guardians try so hard to shape their children and help them learn how to make sound choices.  Decisions are inevitable in life.
When I finally learned that grown folks are going to do what grown folks are going to do, this part of life became easier.  When asked my opinion, I give it with prayer, some life experience, and a caring spirit.  To keep me from agonizing when I see a friend about to make an unwise decision, I offer a gentle suggestion.  Then I pray for that friend, because I know he/she is grown and will make his/her own choice. I pray for the right decision, because it will bring the right outcome.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment