Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Small World

In a way,  it is a small world.  I often think of  how we find  we are connected in a Six Degrees of Separation kind of way.  For example, this year I found out that a lady I exercise with was a secretary at the elementary school I attended at the same time I was a young student there.  Another lady I exercise with was my Home Economics teacher when I was in junior high school.  A lady who grew up on the same street I did was added to the church recently.  I remember her as a little girl, trying to keep up with the older children.  Now she is a wife and mother.  I am in a book club  with a retired teacher who was one of my mentors on my first teaching assignment.   I was fresh out of college and she taught me some refinement in the school culture.  While at the grocery store  this weekend, I was able to introduce my teen to one of my former students.  I taught him when he was a third grader and now this young man works at the store.  Last week, I visited a  dear friend I met in junior high school  who was visiting at the lovely home of another  friend I met in high school.  I  went to this home with a friend I met in kindergarten. We shared lots of memories.  We are thankful we are still able to do so.
When you stop to think about it, you probably can make many similar connections.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment