Monday, September 26, 2011

Car Care Place

At a car maintenance place, as I listened to one worker tell  me what things needed to be done to my car, another worker walked up and said softly, "Lend me five dollars."  I thought he was talking to his coworker, so I ignored him.  He looked at me, repeated the sentence, and I jokingly replied, "Why don't you lend me  five dollars?"  He said, "That's not a yes or a no."  I laughed and said, "I'm a  retired teacher and I am broke."  He jerked his head at my remark, smiled at me and said, "You know, you look like a teacher."  Then he walked away.  I finished my business there and left, but I now wonder how he meant what he said.
What does it mean that I look like a teacher?  I wasn't wearing a school uniform.
What does a teacher look like?
Why is he asking customers to lend him money?  Is he joking?
Does he mean lend or give?  One you pay back and the other you don't.
All I know is, the car maintenance place was all the way live that day!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment