Monday, September 12, 2011

Grace

I chuckle to myself as I write this post because my pupils are still dilated from this morning's  eye exam.  Everything is so bright that I squint to make sure I type the correct letters. What is that yellow solution that eye doctors use, anyway?  The effects last so long...
We recently made it through Hurricane Irene and the flooding of the Delaware River.  Fortunately, the street where I live did not get any water, but the section near me  was flooded and people had to be evacuated.  They have been able to return to their homes.  During worship service yesterday, we offered prayers for the many in our area and in other towns who lost loved ones and property.  Many have to start over again.   We also prayed for our country and  all of those whose lives were touched personally  by the 9/11 tragedy.  Ten years  ago yesterday, I was in a third grade classroom with my students, watching in disbelief at the events unfolding on the television screen.  Even though my mind raced, I had to be calm so my students would be calm.  They looked to me to make sense of it.  It was hard.
When we think of all the situations we have been brought through, it makes us marvel and give thanks for His grace.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment