Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Dead Squirrel

There was a show on recently that showed video clips.  Most of them were of  adorable babies and animals.  I guess they were submitted by the public, because I'd  seen a few of the clips on UTube.  The babies were precious, but one clip showed a cute little girl who looked like she was about 3 to 5 years old.  She was cuddling a dead squirrel  while responding to the person (her dad?)  who was recording the video.  She said that the dead squirrel was her pet.  She seemed happy as she repeatedly cooed, stroked the dead squirrel, and chucked its neck.  This made the head of the squirrel  bob up and down. She played with the squirrel's tail and nuzzled the lifeless animal. The squirrel was just being, well, dead.  After a while, the  little girl was instructed to put the squirrel back on the ground. 
Although I would not let my child have such close contact with a dead squirrel, I was impressed with the gentleness and innocence of the little girl.  I had to shudder after I saw the clip, though.  A dead squirrel?
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment