Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eating in the Dark

Is low lighting one of the marks of a restaurant's exclusiveness?  I have dined at a few fancy establishments and found they had low lighting in common.  At one such place, the lights were so low that I had to use my mini-key chain flashlight to read the menu.  When the food arrived, I had to peer closely to determine if I was about to fork a mound of fancy mashed potatoes or squash.  I thought it was just me, but each of my dining partners felt the same way.  Part of the dining experience is the presentation of the food, so it seems strange to have to peer at your plate to identify your food.  I will say that the meals at these dimly-lit restaurants were delicious, as well as expensive.  Maybe they could use some of their profit to bump up the lighting.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment