Thursday, September 8, 2011

White Pants

 I wear what I like to wear.  I ignore lots of fashion trends and rules that state when one should wear what colors.  For example, there is a  rule that you should not wear white skirts or pants after Labor Day.  I do not know who made that rule, but I remember first hearing it when I was a teenager.   What are the consequences of being caught in violation of  that rule?  A fashion violation ticket?  An order to turn in all one's white clothes by August 31st of each year?
I recently purchased a pair of white denim jeans; they were on sale, of course.  I got them to wear to an  event  this coming Saturday, 5 days after Labor Day.    When I got home, I checked them out and discovered that the clerk had not removed  the security device on the jeans after I paid for them.  The warning written on the device announced that a black dye would burst out  if I tried to remove the device  myself.  This would ruin the white jeans.  For a minute, I thought about the no white pants after Labor Day rule.  Then, I took the pants back to the store and had the device removed.  I still plan to wear them this weekend.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment