Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hair Theft

Last week's news reported on a new trend for thieves: hair theft.  Thieves break into hair supply stores or hair shops and steal weaves/extensions made from human hair.  The video showed one theft in which thieves drove a car through a glass door of a hair shop, got out of the car, crawled under the beam of an anti-theft device, skipped the synthetic hair, and grabbed packages of human hair weaves/extensions.  A few wigs were taken, but mostly hair extensions.  One shop owner was not surprised at this new trend, due to the popularity of these hair styles.  Owners of hair supply shops are ramping up their security measures.   I guess the thieves sell the hair to individual customers or to other  hair store owners.  I do not wear a weave/extensions, and I think how a woman wears her hair is her business.  However, if I were interested in getting a weave/extensions put in my hair, I would be mighty suspicious if someone on the street tried to sell me hot hair.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment