Friday, January 14, 2011

A Compliment

While I was at the grocery store last week, I saw one of my friends.  Now, here is a fact about me: when I am grocery shopping, it is not a highly social experience.  I have a list, I have coupons, and I read labels.  Some folks go to the grocery store to shop and chat with anyone they remotely know.  I am perfectly happy to greet people in a friendly manner and then keep it moving with the shopping task.
Anyway, when I saw my friend, I was happy to see her.  We greeted and embraced.  We were both in a hurry, but we took a little time to catch up on each other's news. 
Before she walked away from me, she said, "You know, I read your book, Behind Church Doors.  In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I am reading it for the second time."
I was touched.  The last thing I expected was a compliment while shopping at Marrazzo's.  It is a good thing I took time to chat.
I hope you enjoy your weekend.
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment