Monday, January 3, 2011

Easy Open Packaging

This is about some product packaging that aims to be simple and user-friendly, but instead is complicated and user-frustrating.  My latest example of this was a package of deli meat with the directions: TEAR HERE and RESEALABLE PACKAGE written on a strip at the top edge of the package.  I looked for the tiny tear starter indentation, put my fingers precisely there, and tried to tear as per the directions.
I was hungry, and I could see the sliced turkey inside the package, but I could not get to it by following the directions.  The turkey was so close and yet so far away.  Finally, I discarded all thoughts of following directions and  entered the so-called EASY OPEN package with a pair of scissors! 

Do not stand between a hungry woman and her sandwich.

TTYS,
Sylvia

3 comments:

  1. Sylvia...what they forget to put on the package is child-proof!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate that. Yesterday it took me about ten minutes to open one of those packages.

    ReplyDelete