Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Live On

An elderly member of the church moved away years ago to live with her relatives in the south.  I remember many things about her, including her familiar statement, "Live on, child.  Live on!"   It took me being a woman to fully understand what she meant by that statement.  When we are young, we think we know almost everything, but life teaches us so much more.  Our experiences often teach us that what we thought we knew was not accurate or reliable.  As we live on, our attitudes and actions change from the ones we had when were the know-it-alls that some of us used to be.   As we continue to live on, we continue to grow in many ways.  Hopefully, we also grow spiritually.  Now, I find myself saying to people who are younger than I am, "Live on, just live on. You will see what I mean."
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment