Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Don't Forget All the Old Ways

Sometimes, I have to shake my head at myself!
I prepared to mail get well cards this morning. I wrote positive messages inside the cards. I wrote out the mailing addresses by hand, using my elementary school teacher neat manuscript penmanship. I attached my SUNDAY FUNNIES stamps from the post office. Then, I reached for my pre-printed return address labels, and could not find them. I spent several minutes searching for them before I realized something. There was a time when I did not have pre-printed adhesive address labels, so I WROTE out my return address just like I wrote out the mailing address!
What a concept!
Sometimes, I get so used to a more modern method that I forget I used to do it another way. So, I printed my return address on all the envelopes. It did not take that much time, and it looked really neat!
Resourcefully yours,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment