Monday, December 13, 2010

A One-Way Trip to Mars

Last month, I read a newspaper article about one-way trips to Mars. It seems there are scientists who believe Mars could become colonized faster and better if more astronauts would volunteer to go to Mars and not expect to return home to Earth.
I guess one way to look at this is like settlers coming to a new, undiscovered country, planning to make a life for themselves there, without planning to return and live in the country they left. One could argue that this is how North America was discovered, except there were already people living here when the settlers arrived.
Silly me, I did not know that some scientists had a real plan for people to actually live on Mars. I thought it was just about exploring the planet, maybe visiting.
I would not volunteer to take a one-way trip to Mars, although some other people who are also not astronauts might volunteer to go and not come back to Earth.
I am sure some people have ideas about who should take that one-way trip to Mars.
Be nice...
TTYS,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment