Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Sweet Tooth

When I was a young girl, I had a sweet tooth, which means I liked candy and lots of sweets. Actually, I still have a sweet tooth, but now I have more discipline about it. The reasons for discipline involve keeping nice teeth, watching sugar intake, watching calories, watching the example I set for my teenager. All that serious stuff you have to do when you are what they call a responsible adult.
But that does not mean I can't mention some of my favorite candies from my childhood. Some of them are:
Peppermint Patties, Now and Laters, Squirrel Nuts, Sugar Daddies, Sugar Babies, Payrolls, Peanut Chews, Mary Janes, Milky Ways, Good and Plenty, JuJubes, Mike and Ikes, Charms, Charms Pops, Jaw Breakers, Jelly Beans, Black Cows, Butterfingers, Strawberry, Raspberry, and Cherry Licorice. Even though I am not finished, I must stop this list, because it is making my mouth water. Maybe you can think of some of your old favorites...
Wait a minute! I think there is a Peppermint Patty hidden in the veggie bin at the bottom of the refrigerator!
Gotta go!
TTYL,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment