Monday, December 6, 2010

Situational Friends and Meatloaf

The older I get, the more I appreciate the company of mature women. Maturity is not always measured in years, but in wisdom. I have a close circle of women friends, but there are also Situational Friends who are important to me. I use this term to describe women with whom I share an activity on a regular basis: like at the Curves gym I attend, or fellow authors, or at the hair salon. These ladies are not quite the same as Best Friends, but they are more than acquaintances. With continued interaction, even stronger friendships grow. This has happened with me and 4 ladies from the gym. We gather for dinner several times a year and keep in touch by email. I had a lovely lunch last week at the home of a fellow author I met this year at a book signing event. Another fellow author and I keep up with each other via Facebook and email. All of these women have become a part of my fabric. I learn a lot from them.
For example, I have been learning tasty and simple cooking recipes from some of my lady frends at Curves. This one is from Ms. P. It is meat loaf in a crockpot! You mix the meat loaf mix with desired seasonings. Use an egg to bind it. Place the loaf in a crockpot and pour a can of tomato soup or cream of mushroom soup over the meatloaf. Cook on low for 2 to 4 hours, depending on the size of your meatloaf and crockpot. Ms. P preps the individual meatloaves and freezes them ahead of time.
I tried this recipe and the meatloaf was so moist and flavorful! It was so easy, which I like. My husband enjoyed it,too.
In time, Situational Friends often become Close Friends when we cultivate the relationships.
I am thankful for positive and wholesome interactions with nice friends. And for meatloaf.
Smiles,
Sylvia

1 comment:

  1. Hey friend! Reading about your meatloaf today made me hungry. I have a great recipe for minestrone soup!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete