Monday, December 27, 2010

Good Times

I spent the weekend joyfully surrounded by family!  I am blessed to be from a loving birth family and to also be the wife and mother of my own.  Most of my adult brothers and their families as well as my sister were in  attendance.  Some of them came from far away; it was wonderful to be with  them all.  We spent one day at the home of my parents, where Mom was the centerpiece of our affection.  We gave thanks for this season and for all things from God.  We prayed and remembered loved ones who have gone to their rest.  We took time to enjoy one another's company.  We ate.  Mom cooked or baked chicken, ham, sweet potato souffle, collards, peas, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, stuffing, sweet potato pie, banana pudding, German chocolate cake, biscuits.  One brother brought a strawberry cheesecake from Juniors in Brooklyn, NYC, because he knows I so enjoy great cheesecake.  Yum!
On December 26th, we worshipped at morning church service.  One of my brothers taught Sunday Bible Class, and my visiting brother, who is a minister,  preached the morning sermon.  My nephew was scheduled to preach the evening sermon, but a snow emergency caused our local minister to cancel evening worship service.
This morning, I helped shovel snow.  I did not do much more than the mouth of the driveway; my husband did most of the work.  I had to do something to burn some calories, because there is another slice of that strawberry cheesecake left.
Best wishes to you!
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment