Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bleeps

 I check out current  entertainment because I taught children in public school and still work with them now.  I like to know what is going on with children, so I  follow their entertainment interests. I admit that I do not always like their entertainment, but that's another topic for another day.
 I  recently watched a musical performance that was constantly interrupted by what we used to call bleeps.  Except there was a slice of dead air instead of the bleep sound.  I knew the performer was still singing or rapping because I saw his lips moving and I heard the background music.  I also read the performer's lips and could make out the words he spoke. Some were profane.  Some were misogynistic.  I guess it is against the broadcast rules to let these words go out over the television and some radio airwaves, but they must be acceptable on the CDs and video downloads that are purchased.   This is why I am thrilled when parents tell me they monitor what music their young children listen to and the videos they watch.  It is a good practice.

P.S. I appreciate those of you who follow this nikolisthoughts blog, and I give thanks to all of you who read here.  Just thought I would let you know that!
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment