Monday, June 13, 2011

Different Addictions

When you think of addictions, you might first think about alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, and food.  I was about to turn in for the night recently and I pushed the wrong button on the television remote.  It tuned to a show which depicted addictions that are unusual.  The topic caught my attention, and I was curious to see if the addictions covered anything I had not heard about.  Well, I had never heard about these.
One person was addicted to  her hair blow dryer; she needed it on in order to fall asleep. She placed it right next to her in bed, all night.  Of course, it is a hazardous addiction that can result in skin burns and fire. There was another person addicted to tanning salons and she tanned 3X a day.  The third segment showed a woman who ate the couch cushion foam as an addiction. Fortunately, these people were assisted  by some experts, and the addictions are reportedly now  more under control.  That news made me feel better.  That and prayer for them and for all who are under the control of harmful behavior.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment