Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lesson From A Turtle

Imagine my surprise this morning when I looked through my second floor window and saw a large turtle laying her eggs in my back yard!  She moved slowly, yet consistently, as she used her feet to spread the dirt and to dig. 
I got a lesson from the turtle this morning. I was running around the house trying to multitask and get out in time to attend noon prayer service.   I think I was talking to myself, as if that would get things done more quickly.  At one point, I stopped moving and  watched the turtle.  She continued dropping her eggs into the hole.  She was slow. She was steady.  She concentrated on one thing: the careful delivery of her eggs to a safe place.
What an example from one of God's creations to another.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment