Thursday, June 9, 2011

Please Wait Your Turn

Sometimes I am in  a checkout line when another person (who is not in the line) approaches the clerk/cashier and begins to ask the clerk/cashier several questions.  This causes the worker to stop checking out the person in the front of the line, and we all have to wait.  These people often preface their requests with, "Excuse me, can I ask you one question?" or "Can you tell me where you keep the plastic cups?"
I usually say a silent prayer for patience when this happens.  Sometimes the people waiting in the line grumble.  One time, I heard a man say, "Wait your turn like the rest of us."  I even heard a cashier say, "I will be glad to help you as soon as I finish with these customers who are waiting in line."  I almost cheered out loud when that happened.  Fair is fair. It is so refreshing when people are considerate of others.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment