Friday, June 24, 2011

Eat Your Salad?

This week, I received my first food product recall notice via phone.  An automated female voice told me that a bagged salad product was possibly tainted with some bacteria that could cause sickness if ingested.  I was contacted because the store receipt record showed I might have purchased the product.  I guess they determined that because I use a store courtesy card when I make purchases there. My first thought was to ignore the answering machine, but then I remembered I had a bag of that brand of salad in the fridge!  My plan was to make a chicken and tossed lettuce salad for family dinner. I scooted to the kitchen to check the bagged salad. Yes, it was the same brand, but the code and the expiration date were different from the ones mentioned by the automated voice.  I double-checked, of course. 
It is kind of weird to think that a store could pinpoint people and purchases like that, but this was for a good cause.  What if someone did not have a phone, or did not use a courtesy card? 
Oh well, we prayed over our food as usual, and ate the salad I prepared. All is well.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment