Friday, June 10, 2011

Blessings

I deeply appreciate life's little treats.  They are really blessings from above.
I went to see my mother this afternoon, and encountered a delightful aroma as I entered the house.  It is not unusual to smell great food when you enter Mom's kitchen; you can even smell the delights as soon as you get to the front door!  She was frying fresh fish, using cornmeal batter as a coating.  We do not eat much fried food anymore, but every now and then we indulge.  You can imagine my joy as I ate a piece of the hot, golden tilapia while sitting in the kitchen with Mom. 
This evening, I look forward to a concert by my sister, soprano Peggy Brown.  She will perform Broadway, jazz, and spirituals at Trinity Cathedral.  I enjoy listening to her marvelous voice.  Her website is www.peggyleebrown.org

Great blessings.  I am thankful.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment